July 30th, 2012
And other messages we give ourselves
I Can Do It!
What messages are you giving yourself? What do you tell yourself day in and day out? Are you aware of these messages? For instance when you wake up do you ask yourself:
- What will go wrong today?
- What will my boss/spouse/child/frind say to me that will upset me?
- Will it rain? It hate the rain. It is so depressing.
How do you feel from just having READ these questions??
Or do you ask yourself these types of questions:
- I wonder what wonderful things will happen to me today?
- Whose life will I brighten today?
- I am so lucky. I wonder what will happen that is lucky for me and my family?
I was thinking about this idea yesterday. I was biking up a long hill. A VERY long and steep hill. I made the mistake of looking up to the top when I was at the bottom. Whoops. I noticed that I doubted whether I could make it to the top. Then I thought, don't think that. I moved my eyes so I was just looking exactly in front of me and I started to repeat to myself; "I can do this." I kept telling myself this and I noticed that my doubt disappeared, and my will took over. Of course I was going to do it. If I had stopped it wouldn't have mattered at all but it was an small experiment of mind control.
Whatever I believe I create. This can work for wonderful things in our lives as well as not so wonderful.
Focus on you feeling good and healthy and happy and it is much more likely to happen.
Have a great day!